Hi,

By default EIGRP uses 2 metric: Bandwidth and Delay to calculate routes. It
is recomended that we should not change the Actual Bandwith, but we can
change the interface delay for the traffic enginering purposes.

The metric is :  Min Bandwidth + Cumulative Delay.

This can end up with a problem of "route non-consiste1nce". Here is my
counter example:

    R2
   /  \
  /    \
R1      R4-----R5
  \    /
   \  /
    R3

Link
1-2 : Bandwidth = 10M, delay = 10ms
2-4 : Bandwidth = 20M, delay = 5ms
1-3 : Bandwidth = 20M, delay = 15ms
3-4 : Bandwidth = 20M, delay = 5ms

4-5 : Bandwidth = 10M, delay = 10ms

The traffic from R1 to a network directly connected to R4 will be load
balance between routes R1-R2-R4 and R1-R3-R4. because the Metric of the two
routes are the same:

R1-R2-R4 = Bandwidth (i.e. 10^7 / 10000) + Delay (i.e 1000  + 500) = = 1000
+ 1000 + 500 = 2500

R1-R3-R4 = 500 + 1500 + 500 = 2500

However, traffic from R1 heading for R5 is not load-balanced because the
Metric R1-R2-R4-R5 is 3500 while the metric R1-R3-R4-R5 = 4000

that means all traffic from R1 -> R5 will go via R2

That's is a kind of inconcistence, which may lead to bottleneck, and cause
difficulty for traffic engineering.

Could you please tell me if I am wrong or right ?

If I am right, how we can overcome this problem.

Thanks a lot.