You are 100% correct on the default route for SC0.

  The design you have is what I would recommend.  The reason I would
keep the management VLAN off of the uer VLAN is if you have a meltdown
for some reason on the user VLAN you will still have connectivity
between switches while you try to troubleshoot.  I have seen this
happen, the customer had to run between buildings and floors with a
laptop to troubleshoot.

  Dave

--
David Madland
Sr. Network Engineer

"Emotion should reflect reason not guide it"