Hi,

When using DECnet, the MAC address is changed
depending on the DECnet address. You need to use the
HSRP use-bia feature with DECnet. HSRP then uses the
DECNet MAC address.

From

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/ito_doc/decnet.htm

DECnet hosts do not use manufacturer-assigned Media
Access Control (MAC)-layer addresses. Instead, network
level addresses are embedded in the MAC-layer address
according to an algorithm that multiplies the area
number by 1024 and adds the node number to the
product. The resulting 16-bit decimal address is
converted to a hexadecimal number and is appended to
the address AA00.0400 in byte-swapped order, with the
least-significant byte first. For example, DECnet
address 12.75 becomes 12363 (base 10), which equals
304B (base 16). After this byte-swapped address is
appended to the standard DECnet MAC address prefix,
the address is AA00.0400.4B30.

--- "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
 wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> I've a 6509 with 2 sups and MSFCs, running hsrp
> between both MSFCs.
> Routing 5 vlans, two of those 5 vlan are also
> bridging decnet.  When
> I've the standby interface up, users can't get out,
> if I shutdown the
> standby interface all is good.  According to Cisco
> I've to enable
> "standby use-bia" feature to prevent this problem.
>
> Have you guys seen this before, and what causes this
> problem?  Just
> looking for some education and solutions.
>

> Thanks..................Nabil - Hope I made my
> problem clear!
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://movies.yahoo.com/