It's a good question though.  When the 6500 first came out there was no
config-sync or SRM which was a problem if you had a flexwan.
config-sync was nice for flexwan support but still required HSRP.  SRM
is what I have been doing for a while now and it works well and there is
no HSRP necessary, one less feature to find bugs in!!

 my $.02

  Dave

--
David Madland
Sr. Network Engineer

"Emotion should reflect reason not guide it"