From: Rasman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 11:17 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Where do I start? [7:39553]

Yomi,
I understand your plight. (Feel your pain)
Depending on your level of experience with (actual hands on time) you will
need to start with a solid foundation of RFC's. If you would like to save a
lot of money start with CCIE Study Guide by Hutnik / Satterlie go to
half.com and buy used for 29.00us. When you get to a standards based
question go to the appropriate RFC. I would also recomend purchasing the
Cisco Documentation CD. But as Chuck stated hands on is the key I am a
totally unauthorized instructor (unbiased)and recommend 30 - 40 hours of
hands on prior to taking any test. There are a number of lab resources
available for rent. Todd Lammle www.lammle.com or http://www.routersim.com/
has published an excellent Virtual Lab for CCNP. Hope this opinion helps.

Terry L. Hines
Enterprise Trainer
CompuTouch Training
Microsoft - Infrastructure - Security
Cisco / 3COM / Nortel / Extreme

 ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc-index.txt
 http://www.rfc-editor.org/download.html