From: Brian Zeitz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 8:05 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Where do I start? [7:39553]

Sorry to point out the obvious, but any book on CCNP is going to be
confusing. My trick was to use a bunch of sources, White papers I found
snooping around on Cisco's Site and the internet. My advice is use a lot of
different sources, use books or white papers, everything else, is just a
waste of time and money.

Here is my assessment of what I used for Routing, which is hard but covers
the basics; Most people start with routing. I am going in the order Routing,
Switching,CIT then BCRAN.

Cisco White papers and other documents found on the net- Great Sybex - Junk,
a waste of paper. Surprisingly the questions are good Exam Cram - Way to
easy, but if you want to have an outline its OK - junk Cisco Books- Good
covers what you need to know. 2501 Router 16/16 with Cisco 12.x Firewall IOS
and DES - Great

See, the problem is, the CCNP covers a lot of material. IF you were to write
a book that contained every detail you needed to know for real life, it
would be 12 feet tall. So the 11 and 3/4 feet that are left out, are left up
to you to find. Buy some routers, buy books only, doesn't matter which ones
really. Compare what you read in one book, to another. Its better to know it
well, and be able to show you skills at the jobsite, then it is to rush.
Once you get started and learn a few thing, the terminology will not be so
confusing.