But what if you bung a bridge in the 10.10.10.0/24 network somewhere? That
will split your collision domain but not your broadcast domain.

Or, more likely, what if instead of a hub, the hosts in 10.10.10.0/24 are
connected by a switch (aka multi-port bridge ;-)?  Then every host is in
its own collision domain (well, each collision domain includes the host
and the switch port), but they are still all in one broadcast domain.

Just because the collision domain and the broadcast domain are the same in
one specific case does not mean that they are the same thing in the
general case.

JMcL
----- Forwarded by Jenny Mcleod/NSO/CSDA on 28/03/2002 02:02 pm -----

"John Green"