I had my analogy backwards. Did anyone even notice!? ;-)

The network in John's example is like a one-room school. All devices are in
the same broadcast domain. All devices are in the same collision domain too
but that is because they are living in the dark ages and haven't upgraded
to a switched network (with many classrooms). Switches subdivide collision
domains. (I had that much right.)

I can't ever get idioms right either. It's a special form of brain damage
that I have. ;-)

Priscilla

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com