This subject has been hacked around lately with no definitive answer.
A while back I found I could configure dot1q encapsulation on a 261x
router but today I spent a little time going thru release notes and such
and could find no definitive support for this.  I have sent an email to
some Cisco folks hoping to find out once and for all unless of coarse
some has this info!!

  Dave

sam sneed wrote:

> This is not true. Only ISL trunking requires a fast ethernet connection.
You

--
David Madland
Sr. Network Engineer

"Emotion should reflect reason not guide it"