The RSM and RSFC are used by the 5000, and the MSFC is used
by the 6000 family. I am not sure about the NFFC/RSM, But the
PFC is used here in our switches for policy switching, vacls and etc.

I believe the MSM was a fore-runner to the MSFC, however if I am wrong
I am sure some here will be quick with the correction.

Larry Letterman
Cisco Systems
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hello,
When would one implement a RSFC over a RSM or a MSFC over a MSM? Also, do
these cards go along with a NFFC II (for the RSM or RSFC) and a PFC (for the
MSM or the MSFC)?
What would be the disadvantage if any of not using a NFFC II with a RSFC or
the PFC with the MSFC?
Thank you.