Heres the senerio:
When configuring fast etherchannel between a Cat. 4000 and a Cat. 2900 using
2 links, we first plugged the links in and saw that STP disabled one of
them, then on the 4000 we set the two links as fast etherchannel with the
set port channel commands. From the 4000 we varified that the links were
indeed bundled and working as they should, we could even see the 2900 listed
as the other end. The question(s) is do you have to configure fast
etherchannel at both ends? or is there some sort of negotiation process, as
with trunking. Secondly from the 2900 we could not view any info or
statistics that would tell us that we were using fast etherchannel or that
any ports were working as such, only when consoled into the 4000 could we
tell. Is this normal behavior? maybe sence we didnt do any configuring on
the 2900 side.