As soon as someone said "you have to play a game" I would take my stuff
and leave. What would happen when you actually got the job? They would
feed you peanuts, and have you shufflin', smilin' and dancing for the
VPs?  I don't play that game. Most of the interviews I have gone on,
they asked me very few questions. I guess my track record and resume'
tells a lot of the story. I think the way you present your ideas, and
hold a conversation is important. They make "small talk" so they can
envision how you will fit in with the company. Like they asked me about
"sports" although I don't like sports, I made up something like "yea,
how about this stadium or something." I guess that was good because it
showed I wasn't totally ignorant and was able to think on my feet.
Interviews are usually mostly a sales pitch from you. You are selling
yourself to them. But playing games crosses the line, I am a
professional, and that is kind of degrading in my opinion.