I agree with the summary, the desert game is used to develop team skills
and inspire group communication allowing employees who are not outspoken to
share in the decision making process.   But this should not have been used
as a 'one test' for hire decision.  If that is so, the Human Resources dept
has made errors that will eventually bring the effectiveness of the
company/unit to zero, when that happens, higher ups will take a look and
heads will roll.  but the process can be too long.  Mark should be glad he
didn't get the job.

Have a good day.

Kevin McCarty
CCNA CCNP
Computer Sciences Corporation
Defense Sector

John
                    Neiberger            To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                             Subject:     Re: My interview story
[7:40553]
                    Sent
by:

nobody

04/04/2002
                    08:39
PM

Please
                    respond

John

Neiberger

Why would you want to work for a place with such stupid
interviews in the first place?  If they select their employees
based on how they play "Stranded in the Desert" or whatever the
heck that was, then it's probably best you don't work there.
I'm sure the management there is awful.

Stuff like that is a sure sign their managers have too much
time on their hands, and there's almost nothing worse than a
clueless manager with too much time.

Someone needs to send those managers a Dilbert calendar!

I'm sorry to hear it didn't go well, but you should forget
about them and move on to a better company.

John

---- On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Mark Zhang ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
wrote:

> hi,everybody,I have a interview appointment at 9:00 AM.
> The position is Network Engineer in SNS(schlumberger network
solutions
> sector).But I falled,at least i think so.
> At first,every candidater have a chance to intraduce oneself
for 1
> minute in
> English.Then every 5 person get a group to play a game named
Desert
> Survive.Game as this:Just image you and some people lose in a
deep
> desert by
> an airplane problem,so plz list the most important thing to
the lest
> from 15
> tools you could use,first time by your own choose,the second
by your
> group.
> Maybe I do not show good in the self-introduce,then I paly
the game,I
> choose
> more close to the expert answer the my group,but the
schlumberger do not
> think I as the right person they are looking for.
> what a pity!I experienced in Motorola and a network
company,have design
> large scare voip network include about 40 nods,familiar with
Cisco,But
> why?Just because a lose in the game?
>
> B.RMark Zhang

[EMAIL PROTECTED]