""Tom Scott""  wrote in message
> Chuck wrote:
>
> > My employer has had us using the NetformX tool for a couple of years
now.
> > ( this is the software of which apparently Cisco is using a subset for
> Cisco
> > products only, according to what I saw on the web page )
>
> I'll take a look at the NetformX. Thanks for the reference.
>
> Have you used Netsys Baseliner? It looks like an interesting design tool.
> wonder how
> it would compare to Network Designer and NetformX?
>
> -- TT

It's been a while. I used a 1.0 or 1.1 version some time ago, just to fool
around. I ran some of my production configs through it and recall a good tip
or two. It is probably much changed now. I never used it to create configs
for a network.

What was then MCI Systemhouse used Netsys Baseliner extensively when they
redesigned the NASDAQ trading network a couple of years back. NASDAQ was
upgrading their data network in anticipation of sustained billion share
trading days ( which is now considered a slow day!!!! ) This would have been
hundreds - maybe a few thousand - router nodes supporting a nationwide
infrastructure of several thousands of NASDAQ trader and market maker end
stations in real time trading activities.

for any design for which I need configuration starting points, I use the
Config Maker tool, and then modify based on specific needs. for
connectivity, and determining box contents and creating the eventual
customer bill of materials, I use NetFormX.

Chuck