How about lock the courier inside the box, throw away the key, keep the
diamond?

                    "Patrick
Ramsey"

cc:
                    Sent by:                  Subject:     Re: Puzzles ->
WAS RE: My interview story [7:40553]

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

om

                    04/06/2002 02:25
PM
                    Please respond
                    "Patrick
Ramsey"

how about lock his box inside your box, let him keep his key and send the
key with your box with the courier.

-Patrick

>>> "Joe Morabito"  04/06/02 09:04AM >>>
solution for part A:

Lock the box, send it to your friend.  Send the key as a separate delivery.

In essence there are two deliveries made.