Correct

-----Original Message-----
From: John Allhiser [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, April 06, 2002 6:38 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Puzzles -> WAS RE: My interview story [7:40553]

The first one is simple if you relate it to public key sharing in
network
security.

Place the diamond in the box. Secure the box with your lock.  Send it to
your friend.  So far, it's safe from the courier.  When your friend
receives
the box, she secures the box with her lock and sends it back to you.
Still
safe.  You remove your lock and send it back to her.  Still safe.  She
removes her lock and retrieves the diamond.  All of this is done without
the
use of relatively prime numbers.  ;o)

The second puzzle has already been answered using the details given ---
0'-32'

However