""Kane, Christopher A.""  wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > The most frequently mismatched parameters relevant for OSPF
> > configuration
> > seem to be dead intervals & mtu sizes.
>
> OSPF doesn't care about MTU size.

Uh, excuse me?  Go read RFC 2178 (OSPF v2), section G.9:

"When two neighboring routers have a different interface MTU for their
common network segment, serious problems can ensue: large packets are
prevented from being successfully transferred from one router to the other,
impairing OSPF's flooding algorithm and possibly creating "black holes" for
user data traffic.

This memo [RFC2178] provides a fix for the interface MTU mismatch problem by
advertising the interface MTU in Database Description packets. When a router
receives a Database description packet advertising an MTU larger than the
router can receive, the router drops the Database Description packet. This
prevents an adjacency from forming, telling OSPF flooding and user data
traffic to avoid the connection between the two routers. For more
information, see Sections 10.6, 10.8, and A.3.3.