So I'm just trying to make sure that I'm not losing it.

According to Cisco, the metric calculation for IGRP is (EIGRP being the same
except times 256):

(K1*Bw) + (K2*Bw)/(256-Load) + (K3*Delay)*(K5/(Reliability + K4))

But then other stuff I've read says that (E)IGRP metric is calculated using
Bandwidth, Load, Reliability, Delay, and MTU.  For instance to set a default
metric the command is:

default-metric

Cisco has a page on redistribution that says:

"IGRP and EIGRP need five metrics when redistributing other protocols:
bandwidth, delay, reliability, load and maximum transmission unit (MTU)
respectively."

So according to the formula above, where does MTU come into play?!?!?!?  Am
I missing something?!?!?  If MTU isn't part of the metric calculation, why
bother putting it in when setting default metrics or redistributing other
protocols into (E)IGRP?

I know this is a pretty "basic" question, but I was just reviewing some
stuff and came across this.

Mike W.