coming to check Groupstudy, I was going though a CCIE practice exam, and it
asks "What's used by EIGRP to determine the best path?" and for the answer
it lists all five items, not just the four (that we all agree are used in
metric computation).  Now, given that we know the formula for the EIGRP
metric (that doesn't include MTU), and given the recent thread about which
routes are used in the routing table (i.e. routes with the longest mask,
lowest AD, etc), would you agree that the above sample question is
incorrect, or does EIGRP actually use MTU to aid in determining the best
path?  If so, how/where?  I'd like to know so I can get on to other issues
like MPLS, etc before I take this beta =)

Regarding my comment about the recalculations related to K1-K5, I got it
now......  At first I was like "Why would there by any more recalcs than
normal", but as Kevin pointed out, load, etc can vary over time, whereas
bandwidth and delay are constant.  Second, I was thinking "Okay, then I can
see that causing recalcs that affect the routing table, but the topology
table?", so I hopped into an EIGRP router and with "show ip eigrp top" saw
where I wasn't thinking.  The topology table not only keeps the metric for a
given route and it's feasible successor, etc so yeah... now I get it =)

I'm slow sometimes, but I usually come around =)

Mike W.