I was under the impression that, although MTU is not used in the routing
formula for EIGRP, it is used as a final tie-breaker between 2 routes.  If
you did not want to use equal-cost load balancing, for whatever reason, MTU
could be used to achieve this.  The route with the highest MTU would be
placed in the Routing table.  Has anyone heard anything like this before?

--
If you have any further questions or comments,
please feel free to ask.  Thank you.  - Toytle

Toytle (http://www.toytle.com/)
Web Design and Hosting Services

""Michael L. Williams""  wrote in message
> So I'm just trying to make sure that I'm not losing it.
>
> According to Cisco, the metric calculation for IGRP is (EIGRP being the
same
> except times 256):
>
> (K1*Bw) + (K2*Bw)/(256-Load) + (K3*Delay)*(K5/(Reliability + K4))
>
> But then other stuff I've read says that (E)IGRP metric is calculated
using
> Bandwidth, Load, Reliability, Delay, and MTU.  For instance to set a
default
> metric the command is:
>
> default-metric
>
> Cisco has a page on redistribution that says:
>
> "IGRP and EIGRP need five metrics when redistributing other protocols:
> bandwidth, delay, reliability, load and maximum transmission unit (MTU)
> respectively."
>
> So according to the formula above, where does MTU come into play?!?!?!?
Am