Why not just deny the OSPF traffic in the dialer list, thereby declaring it
uninteresting to bring up the link, but okay to pass over the link once the
call has been established.  Or, how about the no peer neighbor-route
statement?Thoughts?

>From CCO:
Under the BRI interface that is running demand circuit, configure no peer
neighbor-route. This prevents the /32 mask from being installed. You can use
the configuration shown below on Router 1 only, but we recommend configuring
this command on both sides for consistency.

R1#configure terminal
R1(config)#interface BRI1/1
R1(config-if)#no peer neighbor-route

-Jeremy

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Erick B.
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 1:42 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: OSPF over ISDN demand circuit [7:42348]

Hi,

Having passive for the ISDN int would stop OSPF
multicast hellos from going across the ISDN interface.
You could still do a neighbor statement though which
is unicast however.

If the ISDN is bouncing, it's probably due to a
route-redistribution problem or some form of IP
traffic going out the ISDN interface. Do you have
other routing protocols sending updates out ISDN (use
passive interface for those routing protocols). Check
your redistribution, do you have filters to not allow
the ISDN/dialer interface IP subnet to be
redistributed into OSPF again?

To see whats triggering the ISDN/dialer int do:

show dialer (should have a reason)

debug interface bri/dialer
debug ip pack (see note below)

Debug ip pack generates a lot of output and might/will
crash the router so be careful with it. If you use the
debug interface (interface) condition then the debug
output will only show traffic in/out of the interface
specified which will narrow down the output.

--- timothy thielen  wrote:
> If one wishes for routing updates to bring up the
> link, can one not just use
> the "passive-interface" command on the ISDN
> interface?
>
>   If it is a backup link, passive interface will
> keep routing updates will
> keep the link from coming up for updates.  Then a
> couple of floating static
> routes on either end should bring it up if the
> primary (dynamic)link goes
> down as long as the administrative distance for the
> floaters are greater
> then that of OSPF.
>
> --Tim
>
> Ruihai An wrote:
> >
> > Hi, Group,
> >
> > On an ISDN circuit running ospf , if I want to use
> "ip ospf
> > demand-circuit"
> > to keep it from being brought up by ospf update,
> do I need to
> > define
> > 224.0.0.5 as non-interesting traffic in
> dialer-list?
> >
> > I have configured "ip ospf demand-circuit"  on one
> side of the
> > ISDN, but
> > routing update to 224.0.0.5 keeps activating the
> circuit?  What
> > is the
> > problem?
> >
> > Thanks