Sorry I am late to post on this.

AGS+ is going to be alot more inexpensive than a 2522/2523.

However, personally, I would go with a 4500M, which is a *very* fast
router for lab use, and later on can support fastethernet and atm modules
as well.

4500M with 4-port serial (NP-4T), and 1-port ethernet (NP-1E) is $500
$600 and I will include 4 dte/dce cables for hooking up your routers.

I have a small book I am writing that I will be publishing on the net for
free and it gives lots of tips on equipment selection, look for it.

Brian

 On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Jeff Barr wrote:

> I was thinking of buying an AGS+ router for a frame relay/x.25 switch for
my
> lab. Are there any reasons I would want to buy a 2500 series(2522 or 2523)
> over one of these? Also, the IOS on the one im looking at is pretty old
> (like 9.x if im right?). Will this cause any problems? Im not going to use
> it for anything else other than to simulate the frame realy/x.25 cloud.
>
> TIA,
> Jeff
    I'm buying / selling used CISCO gear!!
            email me for a quote

Brian Feeny, CCIE #8036   Netjam, LLC
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         http://www.netjam.net
VISA/MC/AMEX/COD          phone: 318-212-0245
30 day warranty           fax:   318-212-0246