First off, let me "pre-apologize" for my following statements to everyone in
this group except Mr. Know It All (John Nemeth).......  The following is
slightly unprofessional, but well deserved.

"[EMAIL PROTECTED] (John Nemeth)"  wrote in
message [EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>      What you think is irrelevant!

Geez....... what an ass!  That notwithstanding, I would beg to differ.
Quite possibly, the biggest part of participating in this group is to find
out what people "think".

> The last of the 2900XL series were discontinued on Nov. 1st, 2001.

Given the information below, apparently we should disregard what you "think"
you "know" even after you "thought" you had all of the facts.  The fact is,
no one can no everything, and until one knows everything, anything that one
might say is no more than "thought", speculation and conjecture.  So why
don't you lighten up, eh?  At least I realize my abilities as a "mere
mortal" enough to qualify my statements with "I think ..." instead of
attempting to belittle people (which you obviously tried to do) whilst being
convinced that all information that you may spew forth is absolutely correct
(which was obviously what you thought).

(Just so you know, I searched the EOL page for the 3 models of switches
listed below and they are indeed not there.  So "it would appear" ( Hold
on.  Not all of the 2900XL's have been discontinued

> "...This announcement does NOT affect the Modular Configuration of the
> Catalyst 2900 Series XL (WS-C2924M-XL-EN, WS-C2924M-XL-EN-DC,
WS-C2912MF-XL)

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/si/casi/ca2900xl/prodlit/1421_pp.htm