OK, I'm not an all-powerful CCIE, but I'll take a stab at this.

Applying an access list to a switch is only going to limit access to and
from your management interface.  Switched traffic through the switch is
still switched traffic, and by and large, a switch doesn't ever look at IP
information, thus wouldn't filter anything based on an IP address.

That would explain why you can't ping the host from the switch (I'd imagine
you are getting a "Request Timed Out") but the traffic from the outside
world still gets through.

Also,  What's up with the "2000" access list?  Would not an extended IP list
be 100-199?

--Tim