well, that's a bit twisted.  :-)  I guess those 200 other IP access lists
were not enough?  I fear the router which can use them all and still somehow
forward packets.

I'm curious to find if I was correct on the other bit, though...  The access
list should only apply to the Management functions on the switch, right?
Just because it's an IOS switch doesn't mean it has routing functions.
Switched traffic would not be effected by an access list applied to the
switch.  It would only limit traffic from the specified host from, say,
telnetting into the sc0 (or keep pings from returning).  The rest of the
time, the switch will keep on passing traffic based on Layer 2 information,
and never pay attention to Layer 3.

--Tim, I so much want to be right on this... :-)