I hate to do anything to prolong this unpleasant thread, but a couple
of facts really should be put out.

1. I was a regular poster on Groupstudy well before I had any business
    relationship with either CertificationZone or Gett.  In both cases, I
    was contacted by the CEO of each in response to what they had seen of
    my posting patterns.

2. Gett and Groupstudy have not exchanged one cent.

3. Genium has never paid one cent to Gett, although I have a personal
contract
    with them.  In the interest of rack time rentals, we do have a
partnership
    to allow their authors to develop scenarios, and to give their
subscribers
    convenient and discounted scenario access.

4. We have a similar relationship to IPexpert, although I receive no
    compensation from Gett.

5. We are investigating other partner relationships.  Gettlab (a subsidiary
    of Gett, which is an established consultancy and VAR, especially in
    healthcare), has a business model of, if you will, selling razor blades
    (rack time) rather than selling razors (scenarios). In our consultancy,
    we do a good deal of open source work and prefer it. Open source
scenarios,
    with value added support, is consistent with the way we've done things
    for a long time.

6. Paul Borghese and I discussed my posts both regarding scenario design
    and free scenarios with a very brief mention of a commercial service
    being available. This was meant to be a community service, and by
    community I include competitors potentially improving their scenarios.
    I did some things recently such as running mini-classes on specific
    scenarios, which seemed useful to a number of people, and I expect
    to continue to do so.

7. I sometimes forget to attach my .sig, but I've never made a secret of
    my affiliations.

8. I would invite anyone to look at the number of substantive, noncommercial
    posts I have made to the list for several years.  One of the most vocal
    recent critics made his first post on 4/30, and has not made ANY
technical
    posts in this calendar year.

9. I'm not going to get into a challenge of what my qualifications are or are
    not. I am perfectly happy to provide my resume to people with a
legitimate
    interest. But as far as certain charges have been made, I suggest people
    contact people I've worked with, such as Jeff Doyle, and ask that his
    response be posted to the list. I can also document having worked with
    some of the figures that I have been charged with not knowing.

I would much prefer that we get back to what I am told that Rodney
King said after he became a landscaper:  "Can't we just get a lawn?"
I intend to make contributions to this list as I have done.  Of
course, there's a certain commercial interest, but I never expect to
make a post relating to commercial materials that are not generally
available to the public. But my major motivation is doing what I
think any true professional does: "Pay it forward" with respect to my
own mentors.
--
"What Problem are you trying to solve?"
***send Cisco questions to the list, so all can benefit -- not