> I am setting up a Pix 515 Unlimited I got the failover unit. If I want
> to use the 4-port DMZ card, do I need one for each chassis?
> What about a
> 1 Port? If I do need on each, how would you configure a web
> server to be
> redundant as well? I know you cant use the Same IP on both cards.. Is
> there some special software that you need to use to load
> balance between
> the DMZ interfaces? Maybe like a virtual IP?

        If you are using PIX firewalls in failove configuration, they need
to be identical in hardware configuration. Note that they work in standby
failover configuration NOT in load balancing/load sharing configuration!

        To load balance services, you need some other device (LocalDirector
comes to my mind).

> Also, what does Pix stand for, is it an Acronym for something? Or just
> the name of the proprietary embedded OS?

        PIX stands for Private Internet eXchange, if I remember well..

Marko.