For what its worth, my studies during my CCNP prep indicated the textbook
solution was to set BW = Port Speed on the physical interface, and BW = CIR
on the subinterfaces.  I also found 2600 routers with internal CSUs actually
adjust BW to equal the number of channels configured on the CSU.  Setting BW
does adjust port costs, and look at what the BW setting will produce before
I monkey with setting the cost directly.

""Rajesh Kumar""  wrote in message
Hi all,

CCIE Practical studies - Vol I book - EIGRP chapter says that the
bandwidth command used in serial interfaces should be set to a value
equal to the remote port speed to which the serial interface is
connected to.

For ex :

                RTR 1  ----------------------------------   RTR 2

                                1.544 Mbps            64 Mbps

                int
s0                                                    int s0
                bandwidth 64
bandwidth 1544

My question is - Is it not going to affect the other routing protocols
like OSPF where we set the bandwidth decides the cost of the outgoing
interfaces.

Can somebody shed some light on this please?

Thanks,
Rajesh