I don't think Priscilla has to get into too many arguments with Retana,
Slice and White (the Advanced IP Network Design authors).  While it does
claim that the best place to start is at the bottom: the physical layer,
it then promptly ignores discussion of the physical layer (this is and IP
network design book, after all, not a physical network design book) and
states that "A well-designed topology is the basis for all stable
networks" (and that bit's in bold).

It gets into more specifics than TDND, and I reckon this book is a good
complement.  TDND for the general design principles that can be applied to
any technologies, and AIND (hmm, doesn't have the same ring) for specific
ideas on implementing OSPF, providing redundancy, etc etc.  Any book that
gives me specific quotable ammunition to use against the more peculiar
theories of Dilbertian PHBs is a good book, in my opinion.

But seriously, taking Cisco books to the pool??  Gawd, no wonder IT people
have a reputation for social weirdness ;-)

JMcL
(no offence intended - and the thought of a pool is a bit chilling here as
they're forecasting possible snow).
----- Forwarded by Jenny Mcleod/NSO/CSDA on 20/05/2002 09:34 am -----

"Leigh Anne Chisholm"
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]