What you are describing doesn't really make sense. You say
you have connections back to the core site from all remotes.
If that was the case there would be no reason for the pix at remote
sites or an obvious reason for vpn tunnels between remotes and the core
site.
In that case, you could just put the core pix in front of the core site and
the remotes,
terminate the remotes before the core pix, and no need for all the other
mess.

But I have a feeling there is more involved than we know at the
moment.....:(