Yeah I do think it will be paper because with the Boson, Lammle, and other
vendor books along with Cisco Press suddenly every one will just get it
and it will be harder to distinguish who really knows it or not.

I know people will get it yes but I don't want it to be a paper cert like
some people have CCNP/DPs and don't know anything about OSPF or VLANS.

Just gets me sad.  Part of the reason I got this cert last year was
because there weren't any boson or study aides yet.   It was a better test
that way.  Of course I was already doing security so that is besides the
point.  Finally I thought I could have a more unique Cisco cert without
killing myself ie CCIE.

I'm not the only one with it.  Here in Japan, my boss was first and my
current co-worker was second.  Perhaps I was number 10 or something.  (I
was the 5th CISSP here).  The problem is that one of these guys doesn't
know how to do things like ACLs!  I got to help him out with it and he
can't configure Cisco IDS.  Just makes me sad.  At least I get paid
more... :-)

What can I say?  I don't like it when people can just read a book and pass
the test and they don't know "conf t".  You defination of a paper cert is
the same as mine.  No offensive taken.  I just think that if you want to
do CSS1 you should be using PIXs, VPNs, and IDSs just like when I got the
CCNP I was on 7200/3600/2600 6509/5xxx/2948s daily.

Theo

"Michael L. Williams"
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
05/31/2002 02:03 PM