Continued policy routing testing of a customer network simulation in my lab
has revealed something of interest to me. Can't find a revelation in the
config and command references on CCO.

I have a policy set up such that packets with a particular source address
and a particular destination address are treated in various manners.

debug ip policy is showing me that the policy is doing exactly what I want
it to do EXCEPT when the destination address is a directly connected
network.

that is, if the destination is a network on some other router, with a route
in the routing table, everything is fine. the next hop is set appropriately,
and the debug shows that policy is applied properly.

however, when the destination is a directly connected network ( either a
loopback or a LAN interface ) policy routing is not engaged.

true? experience? reference? as I said, can't find anything in the
documentation on CCO.

Chuck