I am looking for a way too.  I did sh tec and looked at it a few times and
didn't see a serial number at all.

I have no idea  how to get this from the CLI.

Comments?

"Kaminski, Shawn G"
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
06/04/2002 01:14 PM
Please respond to "Kaminski, Shawn G"

        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: show version? [7:45730]

If I remember correctly from a previous discussion on this list, there is
no
way to get the serial number of the router (possibly an exception with the
12000 series). You have to look at the outside of the router. The "show
diag" command will show serial numbers of the router motherboard and
installed cards, but not the serial number of the router itself. Someone
please correct me if I'm wrong.

Shawn K.