if you do not have Ip routing on the VLANs you can still hope from one VLAN
to another. See this artical for more info:
http://www.sans.org/newlook/resources/IDFAQ/vlan.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter van Oene [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2002 8:41 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Security hazard?? [7:45731]

Assuming the untrusted VLAN offers no IP connectivity to it's control
engine (ie the routed aspects are not reachable therein) what
vulnerabilities exist here?   With no routing on the VLAN, I'm not exactly
sure how one gets from untrusted to trusted without traversing the
Firewall.  The only limitation I see here would be one of either poorly
implemented VLAN technology on the part of the vendor, and fat fingering on
the part of the admimistrator.

Pete