Hey all,

I am currently using the CCIE Practical sutides text and I am confused on
the OSPF Default routing part.  On Page 795, Karl says that is you use the
DEFAULT-NETWORK x.x.x.x command generate the Deafult route you need the
ALWAYS statment present in the DEFAULT-INFORMATION ORIGINATE command.  Then
in Lab 24, as an optional step he wants you to generate the default route
and proporgate it throughout the OSPF network without using static routes
and if the network becomes unavailable he does not want the default route to
proporgate.  Now, in his Lab walkthorough he says to put the ALWAYS statment
in the DEFAULT-INFORMATION ORIGINATE command but if you do that then the
deafault route will proporgate even if the network is down.  My question is
Why would I ever want the ALWAYS statment and is he wrong about the
requierments listed abaove?

Thanks