""Thomas Larus""  wrote in message
> I don't think Cisco is primarily concerned with the "cost" of outfitting
> their own labs with 6500s.  After all, their cost is MUCH lower than the
> list prices. I think Cisco is being considerate of OUR wallets.  This is
the
> same reason they don't have 7200 routers and 7500 routers on the equipment
> list.  These are used widely in the "real world," but Cisco wants us to be
> able to learn the material without having access to a $50,000 lab (used
> prices).

Well, I don't know if the concept of "real-world" should really be invoked
when you're talking about the CCIE.   Even the biggest fans of the program
have to concede that some of the lab-questions are just weird and obscure -
nothing you would ever want to do in the 'real-world'.  .  When you're
talking about throwing 3-4 routing protocols all redistributing amongst each
other, and multiple layer-2 networks, all within only a 6-router setup, to
use the phrase "real-world" seems a bit inappropriate.