I guess my question is why didn't we upgrade then.  Don't you think the
E-1 is better?  With the same line you get 7 extra B channels.
Hummmm...maybe the French made this and it is all political!

Theo

> Question:  Does anyone know why the Americans didn't use the
> E-1?  I have
> always wondered about this.....

The T1 was originally developed by ATT in 1957 or 58.  It was later
adopted
by ANSI.
The CCITT (Now ITU) standardized the CEPT E1 for most of the world at (I
believe) a later date.

I'd guess you could say that we didn't use it, because we already had a
standard that was in use.
I'm sure corrections will follow if this is wrong.

Good Luck!