I know you can do 4 as I have a few times.  I don't know the max but I
can't think of any reason to have more than 4 routers in an HSRP group.
In fact I don't even like doing 4 and the only reason I have ever
configured 4 was dual 6509's with dual sups and MSFC's in the days
before SRM was available.

  Dave

Phil Wallisch wrote:

> Hi all.  Does anyone know the maximum # of routers allowed in a HSRP
> group?  I've read through the RFC and don't see this limit mentioned but
> a coworker says it's 4.

David Madland
Sr. Network Engineer
CCIE# 2016
Qwest Communications Int. Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
612-664-3367

"Emotion should reflect reason not guide it"