Michael L. Williams wrote:

> Here's a good answer for ya.... =)  Convert the 6509s to Native
> IOS, then
> just run HSRP between the two active MSFCs.... done!

You don't have to convert to do that. I'm doing that right now between to
6509s with two Sups and two MSFC2s per box.  With this each VLAN has four
router interfaces that it can use if needed.  I round robin the HSRP so the
load is somewhat distributed between the four of them.  It's redundant as
hell, and in the few cases where there has been a failure of one of the
MSFCs or a Supervisor (a bug in both cases) no-one was even aware that
anything had happened since everything kept chugging merrily along with the
HSRP and High-Availability on the Sups.

Of course our monitoring group was caught with thier pants down as they
didn't detect the reloads that happened when they should have!

Good Luck