Steven A. Ridder wrote:

> There's nothing wrong with knowing the IOS based switches just
> on principal,
> as one probably installs more of them in a job then the
> 6500's.  The only
> problem left with the new switches is no in-line power until
> next year when
> 802.3af is ratified.
>
> --

Right, and until they do, the 3524-PWR-XL is still for sale, unlike the
3548-XL and the 3524-XL which go End-of-sale in mid July.  They're keeping
that one around for that purpose I'm sure!

I agree about the IOS on a switch.  It's just another Layer 2 or Layer 3
box.  If it's too difficult to figure out, then I need to be considering
another career!