> > Yes, they do want to do it, and will retire the 3524-PWR as
> soon as they
> can.
>
> Uh.... if they DO want to do it (have switches with inline
> power), then why
> would they want to retire the 3524-PWR?!?!?!  ( I know there's
> the
> 4000/6000s but I doubt you'll see someone putting a 4000 switch

What I meant was they will continue to offer it and when they can they will
do so on the 3550 series, and go ahead and retire the 3524-PWR.

> What difference does it make which box?  Don't get me wrong, I
> can use IOS
> and CatOS both no problem.  But I also don't think it's right
> to have some
> people show up to the lab and not know exactly what equipment
> to expect

I still think that's not as relevant as your making it out to be.
It's just an exam. I think it would be even better if they mixed it up a bit
and you didn't have a clue what equipment was going to be there.  Since they
are attempting to certify those who are taking the exam as 'experts' then it
shouldn't be a problem for an 'expert'.

Right now a candidate should be aware that if they have a lab date in that
range then they should expect either switch.

> through before study guides and bootcamps).  Personally, I wish
> they would
> stop shipping 6x00s with CatOS and just go forward with Native
> IOS.  I mean,
> the CatOS is ancient, and it's about time Cisco unified the
> user interface
> and commands.

IOS is also ancient.  It's been around as long or longer than CatOS.
I actually prefer the CatOS for switching configuration.  I prefer having
the hybrid solution in place and I think those developing CatOS have done a
fine job with it.  I think maybe Cisco should reconsider the 'IOS on
everything' mindset.  Not everything in the world needs to run the same OS
'just because'.  Cisco has not done that good of a job making the
functionality and ease of use with IOS on a Catalyst that they have with
CatOS.