I hope I dont get flamed for this....

 ... but I would like to ask a similar but different question.

What reason is there to choose Cisco IDS over Snort. I just dont see Cisco
IDS as having much in the way of advantages over Snort other than a Cisco
label and a high price tag (and yes both of those can be percieved as
advantages)

Of all of the Cisco kit I have worked with the IDS system is the only one I
cant see myself recommending to someone.

Peter Walker