Thank you for the Tips Bernard. I will change my "bad" habits :)

Just curious... When you configure your routers do you enter all the
commands in global config mode, then interface mode, then router mode
? Or do you configure the routers according to the sequence in which the
router operates (for example: Layer 1, Layer 2, Layer 3)?

I have found that when I configure my routers the second way, I feel much
more in control of what is going on (because the config is logical). The
down side is that I take much more time because I am some how thinking about
the process while I am doing it.

On the other hand, when I configure from memory (i.e. all commands in global
mode, then interface mode ...) there is no "internal dialog" but things are
going much faster and I can keep within the timeline.

I would like to know how the folks who took the CCIE and those who are close
to taking it configure routers under time presure: memorization of configs
or sequence in which the router operates

Thanks,

Pierre-Alex