1) not that I am aware of
2) Change the access-list name and paste it to the firewall. Then just
change the access-group statement to the new one. Its an instant change.
3) I think your on crack. If your using access-lists on all interfaces ( you
are aren't you ??? )then there is an implicit deny any any at the end.
I find many people who put an permit ip any any for the inside access-list.
While it makes administration much easier, it also is a BAD practice.
Remember we want to explicitly approve ports, no explicitly deny. You would
be surprised the small number of ports that really need to be open!
4) This is a security device. You should always type the full command. I
don't want to take any chances of typing one thing and the PIX taking it as
another. I realize that you should know exactly what command your entering,
but hey, not everyone is competent on the PIX so no chances.
5) Where did you get that info? The PIX 535 will absolutely blow any
checkpoint device out of the water. Not to mention that checkpoint still
hasn't figured out how to do IPSec tunnels *PROPERLY*. The PIX was only
recently made to be a small lightweight FW with the 501. I don't know about
you, but I want a firewall to do one thing and one thing only. I don't want
a FW that is also a mail gateway, dns server and whatnot that so many
devices try to be now.

Many FW's are made to be user friendly, and cover the backend stuff that
really happens. The PIX didn't take that approach. They want someone to
understand what they are doing, and putting a pretty GUI on it will only
lead to people who shouldn't be administering it, administrating it.
That is why I completely disagree with the PDM.

Im  not directly these comment at you in particular so please don't take
them that way. Im only saying that we need to realize exactly what a FW
should do, and what it should not. We also need to realize exactly how a FW
works, not how the GUI works!

I agree it is a completely different interface, but if you are used to the
IOS interface, it will come quickly and you will never look back.

But, this is just my opinion!

Thanks

Larry