Not too long ago, John Chambers was quoted in one of the networking
magazines talking about erosion of margins, and partners who sold very
cheaply. The talk on the street was that it was no secret he was talking
about WorldCom, who have been notorious for their pricing of Cisco products
as an inducement to use worldCom data circuits.

I believe what used to be UUNet is a major user of Cisco equipment. that's
one reason I asked about UUNet's viability. WCOM is going to end up selling
assets, and it seems to me that the ISP is about the best asset they have.
The network / fiber assets only contribute to the current fiber glut, so
become less of a source of hope for revenue from sales.

As far as what's in the carrier networks themselves, maybe this is less
important to Cisco, as no carriers use their stuff anyway? ;->

BTW Juniper stock is not looking real good right now at all. Nor Ciena.

""John Kaberna""  wrote in message
> Talking with a couple of my students (employees at Cisco) WCOM is mostly a
> Nortel shop.  They said that ATT and Sprint are Cisco Powered Networks so
> they are the big providers that Cisco is interested in.  This is not
> official or anything from Cisco it's just what these guys are telling me.
>

> ""Chuck""  wrote in message
> > So far today I have seen no word from Cisco on its exposure to World
Com.

> > the other so called players in the networking industry - Redback,
Nortel,
> > and Lucent, have all said they have very little on the line with
WorldCom.