I have a problem with booting of 2503, It was running perfectly ok before I
decided to upgrade its IOS to ver 12.15. As I was not aware how to do it I
gave a command erase flash which erased the existing IOS.

Now when I boot the router I expect it to boot in the RxBoot> mode but it
does not, it reads the ROM goes through the complete boot process and on the
last sentence “ version dated May 02 ……..compiled by Kelly….” it hangs

I tried

1.      copying a flash memory with IOS loaded in the 2501 router, then replacing
the flash chip in the 2503, it boots tells me that I have booted from flash
but again hangs at the same position.
2.      Tried replacing the ROM chips (both of them) with 2501, but did not work
again hangs
3.      Tried aborting the boot sequence with “Crtl break” after the boot
sequence breaks the key board hangs..
4.      Removed the flash and the DRAM from the 2503 and tried booting, it goes
to the netboot mode but netboot does not work since it is not configured for
it and again hangs after reading ROM at the same position

I have not tried replacing the NVRAM, since I am not aware where this chip
is

I don’t remember if have changed any config register setting before erasing
flash. Looking forward to your advice.

Problem number 2. This is with Cisco 2504..

It reboots after 10mins or 5 mins gives different errors. Mostly it reads
“Bad I/O memory wrote 0x 2444933…. at  0x 33985….. and read 0x 0000234…”
some times it give parity error.

I have replaced Flash and DRAM but did not solve the problem, should I try
replacing the ROM.