The BGP convergence team (including Cisco and Juniper) in the IETF
has just posted the latest version of the BGP Benchmarking
Terminology draft, which we think is about ready for Informational
RFC -- it will go out for WG and IESG Last Call in the next couple of
weeks.

A good deal of the work clarified what we found to be ambiguous BGP
terminology that is operationally important.  It may help some of you
with understanding.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-conterm-02.txt

There is a related draft for OSPF, in a little earlier phase of development:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bmwg-ospfconv-term-00.txt

There are also methodology drafts for both protocols. I've just
started on an applicability protocol draft, which hopefully will be
cross-protocol.  As soon as I have something a little more together,
I'll send it in as an I-D, and may have a rough draft mailed to the
working group and posted on the Gett research website.

--
"What Problem are you trying to solve?"
***send Cisco questions to the list, so all can benefit -- not