*From: Peter van Oene [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
*Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 3:00 PM
*To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
*Subject: Re: Route Reflection with Multiple POPs [7:48509]
*
*Couple thoughts.  First off, one can confederate and reflect
*at the same
*time (ie rr clusters inside sub-as's).  Also, keep in mind that these
*techniques deal with control, not forwarding and thus it is
*possible, and
*somewhat common, to have a RR hierarchy that does not map
*directly to the
*physical topology.  I tend to see an arbitrary set of core
*routers (from
*2-20ish) that form the central IBGP mesh with the second level of the
*hierarchy being formed by lead major pop routers, or dedicated route
*servers (ie one armed routers that simply reflect routes).  I
*personally
*try to keep the topology as flat as possible (ie less than 4
*levels in the
*hierarchy) but I don't have any particular technical driver
*for that other
*than to minimize complexity and aid troubleshooting.
*
*Of note, this assumes you are reflecting full routes throughout your
*backbone.  I've seen providers try and reflect partial routes
*to areas of
*their backbone to allow for smaller routers where RR
*topologies can lead to
*blackholes. In general, if you are reflecting all routes, you
*shouldn't run
*into issues here.
*
*I