sam sneed wrote:

> My guess is that your sniffer sees them as 60 bytes, since most
> sniffers
> leave don;t count the CRC which is 4 bytes.

That's a good point. The NIC strips the CRC. Some analyzers do let you
configure the NIC to capture the CRC. Usually this isn't necessary unless
you happen to be the programmer who has the job of developing and
troubleshooting the CRC calculation. The analyzer can still tell you a CRC
error count, of course, even if it doesn't capture the actual 4 bytes of the
CRC itself, as you know, I'm sure.

> Most of these are
> ARP packets.

And BPDU, Ethernet keepalives, TCP ACKs, CDP in some cases, IGMP sometimes,
some SNMP queries. There may be more. My network has a ton of AARPs for
example.

Priscilla