At 2:31 AM +0000 7/12/02, blitzlight wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>Currently I'm preparing for DQoS exam for IPTel.
>One of the exam topic is: explain the difference between classification and
>marking.
>
>Most of the documentation on CCO I read always joined these 2 words
>together and didn't state the distinction. Any help will be appreciated.
>
>Regards,
>Blitz

Classification is getting close enough to someone to tell that he's a
salesdroid.  It's the act of recognition.

Marking is putting a "KICK ME" sign on him so everyone else knows how
to handle him without getting too close.  It's one of several
possible actions to take after recognition, others including kicking
him out (policing) or sending him to wait in the lobby (shaping).

Anyway, that's probably how Dilbert would explain it.